This house was built for Waymon B. and Irene Felker Hollingsworth in 1906 as a wedding
gift from Irene’s father, Mr. George Walton Felker of
Monroe. Located in the heart of Fayetteville’s historic
downtown, this 4,200 square foot home is graced with 12-foot
ceilings, crystal chandeliers, hardwood floors, and a wide
verandah. The grand staircase, beautifully carved mantles
in mahogany and oak, stained glass windows, featuring the
family’s monogram, are original to the house.
Guests enter a formal center hall; to the right is the formal
parlor and through pocket doors, the formal dining room. To
the left is a spacious double parlor, with its sunroom. Restrooms
and a fully equipped kitchen are located near the rear of
the house. All rooms are beautifully furnished in period antiques.
The Hollingsworth House is a public events facility, owned
and operated by the Fayetteville Downtown Development Authority.
Rental proceeds fund both ongoing maintenance and improvements
to the house as well as future projects to enhance Fayetteville’s
Historic Main Street Program.
Visit Our Website! ~